Saturday, February 16, 2013

Dad's Palm Oil Plantation

Peace be upon you, readers!





Abah and Mak :)


Today, I'm helping dad plucking palm oils fruits at our orchard. It was absolutely tiring but I had fun working with him. I woke up a bit late this morning as I slept late yesterday :P As usual, dad wakes up early at dawn. I made a deal with him to help him plucking the fruits so, I couldn't break my promise. Although I felt sleepy, I must gather all my strengths to get up from my fantasy world and say hello to the reality. 


At about 7.30 a.m , we made our move to the orchard which is situated at Ketior, my village. Before we proceeded with the plans, dad bought 2 packs of Nasi Lemak and a warm milk tea for me. We had our breakfast first and parked our car near the orchard. I met a dog, Mot which was busy guarding the goats - Actually, I am a bit scared if it came to me but thank god it didn't. Mot is a cute dog but as a Muslim, I must not touch or even pat her.


Dad was plucking the fruits with a sickle while I helped him collecting the fruits and put them into the wheelbarrow. Then, I pushed the wheelbarrow straight to our car and started to fill the empty bonnet of the car with lots of palm oil fruits. You must be very shocked to know that a girl like me can push a wheelbarrow which is full of heavy palm oil fruits but I have no choice. My family has male debilitation because my dad and my big bro are the only heros in my family so dad has no choice to ask helps from me and my older sisters. However, I don't mind either because who else can help him?


My dad was a teacher but he is retired from teaching since I was twelve. He is now running our orchard with palm oil plantation. Since I had just finished my SPM examination, I help him at the orchard. I love my dad because he loves to make jokes and make us happy :) He is sort of the joker in our family. My siblings and I called him Abah. He is already reached his 60's and I'm hoping him to be healthy. May Allah bless him always :)




These are the oil palm fruits from dad's orchard :D



Yours sincerely,

Autumn Tears  

No comments:

Post a Comment