Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Speech :)

Dear Readers, 

While I was busy tidying up my room, I found two pieces of A 4 papers which were printed with computer fonts. It was my speech- the only speech that I had jot down for my school's speech day. So, here it is, my speech :)


First of all, thanks to Allah for His grace and mercy for giving me this opportunity to speak. I, Wan Sujaihah Binti Meor Hissan feel very pleased to have been invited to deliver a speech on this red day. The best speeches are those that have great beginning, a memorable end and not much in between, so I will try my best today.

When I was little, my sister, Syakira used to bring me to a Victorian Mansion, somehow like a white castle on top of the hill. The moment I saw her dressed beautifully with a tie and blue blazer, it reminded me of Hogwarts in Harry Potter Movie. January 2008 was the first time I stepped my feet as a student in this Victorian Mansion, the great SMK Raja Perempuan Kelsom, Kuala Kangsar, Perak, Malaysia.

Well, it is not easy to be a secondary school girl. All sorts of terrible thoughts raced in mind to torment me. New friends and new teachers! How am I going to adapt this new situation? Lucky me when I met true friends and great teachers here. It is great to be RPKians. I guess that I have changed a lot in terms of maturity, both spiritually and emotionally throughout these 4 years.

For your information, I was elected to be the class monitor of 1 Ceria. Thus, my life as a leader had begun. I was trained to be a good leader by my class teacher, Ustazah Hamiza. Thank you Ustazah for helping me doing any tasks that were given a few years back. During my second year, it was an honour for me when I was appointed to be a prefect.

The clubs, sports and co-curricular activities in this school have helped and shaped the students to be able to communicate, cooperate and lead. I was involved in co-curricular activities in district, national and international levels such as Leadership Course and Petronas PPDA Facilitator Workshop to name a few. The most memorable was the Malay College Youth Development Summit 2011 (MCYDS). I am very glad that my teachers believe in my ability to be the head girl for this year, 2012. Thank you very much for having your faith in me. I will do my best to keep up a good work.

There were many experiences that I gained since form 1 until form 5. The most valuable lesson learnt was when we were advised not to skip Maths Extra Class although we had Gerak Gempur Test for the next day. We then realised our mistakes and strived to excel and indeed we achieved the best result in PMR 2010 in RPK. We recorded A's in Maths. Sometimes, things that we hard to bear are actually sweet to remember.

My batch was apparently the first batch that broke the record in PMR 2010 in SMK RPK. 30 students including me obtained straight A's. I'm hoping that a miracle would happen again this year for SPM Examination. Do pray for us in order to achieve 9A+.

We used to know that every man's success, there's a woman who stands by him to support and cherish his glory. Who then stands for successful students? On top of the list would definitely be parents, friends and teachers. SMK RPK teachers have contributed to shower us knowledge, love and kindness.

Finally, I would like to thank people who have supported me on my journey. They are always by my side when I'm down. Thank you dad and mom, Mr. Meor Hissan bin Meor Arriffin and Mrs. Nurizan binti Ahmad, family members, friends especially the members of 5 Science 1 and all my beloved teachers.

That's all for now. Thank you for your attention.


Yours sincerely,

Autumn Tears  

No comments:

Post a Comment